1972 General Resolution
BE IT RESOLVED: That the 1972 General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association recommends uniform gun legislation as follows:
- Licensing for the purchase and possession of all usable guns;
- Gun registration-holding owners legally accountable for all their guns and registrars legally accountable for privacy of records;
- Federal, state, provincial and local codes for responsible gun ownership regarding how they are kept, knowledge of proper use and to whom they may be transferred;
- Sound standards for the responsible use of guns by law enforcement agencies;
- Restriction of ownership and possession of concealable handguns to persons showing a specific need, such as law enforcement officers and security guards;
- Strong legislation forbidding use of "drop guns" by law enforcement officers.