Emiliana Knickers is a little enterprise in England turning old stretch clothing like T-shirts, dresses, or fabric samples into lovely new underpants.
EmmaThese knickers are handmade at home on my domestic sewing machine and are made by upcycling clothing and fabrics, then trimming them with stretch lace, ribbons and bows.
All styles are cut from professional knicker patterns made by Emma through knowledge gained from 9 years experience in the Lingerie industry, and so each pair has a professional look, fit and finish that rivals any highstreet equivalent. Check out Emiliana's website. She even has a little kit she sales so that you can make your own panties.
Here's what Emma says about their Holistic Underware policy:
- An integrated, holistic approach to what we wear, who we are and how we view and understand our world.
- Emiliana Underwear will always be beautiful. Classic, timeless elegance to be invested in – revealing the wearing, and purchasing, of lingerie to be a ritual to be wholly engaged in, not just a superficial regime of passive consumption.
- Emiliana proposes that in order for us to once again work in synergy with nature, and in synergy with ourselves, to achieve true sustainability in the world we live, we need new design, new business models, new patterns of responsibility, and new alternatives to consumption and manufacturing.
- Emiliana offers a relational, holistic alternative to ‘business as usual’ and ‘lingerie as usual’. Bringing the spirit and soul back to lingerie use, design and business.
- Do you need this garment? Emiliana appreciates the uniqueness of each person and understands that there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. Working together through co-creation of design, and participation in purchasing, we will synergistically satisfy the needs of the whole person – balancing the requirements of body and mind.
Recognizing every whole of which they are a part, including; the individual; the environment; the economy and society, Emilia lingerie aims to acknowledge and participate in every relationship that is included in her experience, in a holistic, responsible way.
- Individual – Aiming to connect mind and body, spirit and soul by bringing awareness between of the relationships between the garment and self, society and nature.
- Environment – Aiming for best practice and transparency in all areas. Designing environmental responsibility into every aspect, including use and disposal.
- Society – Communicating an alternative to the current damaging consumer patterns and current mainstream manufacturing systems. Aiming to foster an awareness of the importance of quality, not quantity.
- Economy – choosing alternative responsible business design and financial practices. Emiliana will aim to provide consistency in levels of quality and responsibility. Not constantly reducing cost prices and compromising standards as if offered by the current model of ‘business as usual.