Trunity has developed a Documentation site called Trunity Tutorials.
This site will contain the same How-To information that is presented on this Support site, but in a Chapter Based, linear presentation that should assist users in creating, building out and managing their Textbooks, Courses and Collections.
We welcome to this new presentation of our documentation and welcome comments to help us improve your experience.
The primary method for the user to access their personal account information is through the Account Bar
Located at the top right of all Trunity Platform pages, this provides...
How To - Link a Document to an ArticleLast Updated on 2014-01-20 08:35:56If you have a document that is too large or too graphically intensive the reproduce effectively using the text editor, one option is to put either first section or a summary of the document in the text editor. Then using the Link/Upload option, upload the full document from your local machine to the Trunity server so other readers may download and view the document.
1. Create an article and include the text you wish in the Article Content text editor.
2. Position the cursor where you would like the link to the document to appear.
3. Create a title for the link to the document and hit return to move the cursor down a line.
4. Click the Link/Upload button and select the Upload Tab.
5. After choosing the Upload Tab use the Choose File button to browse to the location of the document on your computer, select the document and click Send... More »
How To - Access User Information from the Account BarLast Updated on 2014-01-15 14:38:11The primary method for the user to access their personal account information is through the Account Bar
Located at the top right of all Trunity Platform pages, this provides the user access to all of their account specific information.
1. On the far left is a greeting to the user by the first name that was entered into the Sign Up form.
2. Just to the right of the greeting is a small "House" icon that grants the user access to their "My Profile".
From your My Profile page you can edit your Profile. Using the controls on the left you can: use the Trunity messaging system, view your personal calendar, view and manage your platform bookmarks, view a list of the content you have created, view your bookshelf - a list of all Trunity sites where you are a member, and using Peers, see other members of sites where you are a... More »
How To - Add A Slideshow to your site or TopicLast Updated on 2013-07-23 16:14:46A slideshow differs from a Photo Gallery in that is can only use images with a url, it can be associated only at the site or topic level, it can have an internal caption and it can have a link attached to the image directly through the creation process. As the slides are web based, the image size comes from the site where they originated and the slideshow software attempts to fit any image into the slideshow, regardless of actual size or orientation. For this reason landscape images work better that an image with a portrait orientation. To fill the space for a slideshow image area, the ideal image should be about 735x330 pixels.
The steps to create a Slideshow left
1. Click on the "Options" icon at the upper of the page and select "Manage Site"
2. Click on "Graphics and Tools" and then "Slide Shows
3. Click on the "Create New Slide Show"... More »
How To - Create Forums Last Updated on 2013-07-23 16:13:56The process of creating a Forum on the Trunity platform does not use the standard content creation process used for articles and most other content types on the platform.
Instead, the creation of Forum Groups (organizational containers for related Forums) and the associated forums are created on a related page to your standard page.
The process is as follows:
1. Identify the url at the top of your browser, it should look like www.trunity.net/your sitename/
2. add the word "forums/" after the final "/" in your original site url (It should look www.trunity.net/your sitename/forums) and press "Enter"
3. Click the "Create Forum Group" to generate a container for a group of related forums. You will generate the screen below. Please enter a name for your new Forum Group and... More »
Help! I Can't Get To My PageLast Updated on 2013-04-09 00:00:00
What do I do if I can't reach the page I want to see?
First, please confirm that you are logged in to your Trunity Account by checking at the top right of the page for a Hello, "your name"
If you are logged in, there are a couple of possibilities that may be causing this problem.
1. The most common cause is that your browser has not properly connected to the web page. Just try to connect to the web page again. If it still does not work correctly, please try to reach your site using a different browser.
2. If you get an error message, particularly one of the error messages below, your browsers cache may not be clearing properly and needs to be cleared.
The connection was interrupted
The connection was reset
The connection has timed out
Each browser has a different method for clearing its cache and cookies, but the using the... More »
Drag and drop the content to change the order of featured content. The top nine will be displayed.