Not long to go now till 11/11/11.
We hope your batteries are charged, your memory cards are cleared, your creative juices are flowing and you’re ready to press record!
This is it ladies and gentleman – a chance for you to share your voice, perspective, culture and life with the world!
We wish you best of luck, love, good karma and creative inspiration for the day.
Attached you will find your release forms (permission slips) for people featured in your works and instructions of how to participate. This YouTube video also gives you step by step guidance about how to participate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRMelBBRb0
We cannot wait to see what you create! Remember you can record using film, photography, music, text and sound!
Let's put new meaning to a "world record"!
We are all looking forward to sharing this very special day with you.
Much love and thanks,
Can you believe it's only 4 weeks to go till 11/11/11? There's a lot of excitement and nervous energy in HQ as we prepare for the BIG day.... we hope you are feeling it too....
As you know, we're wanting to create a unique global collaborative story.... and our motto is "the more the merrier" - so spread the word :)
Now here’s an easy 11 step guide for you that explains how you can participate...
2. Look at the 11 topics and find which one/s resonate with you – and just to remind you, the topics are: water; faith; love; play; courage; routine; heartbreak; darkness; make a wish; beauty and beginnings. These topics are meant to inspire you.... so let your creative juices run free! They're completely open to your interpretation...
3. Make sure the day before, all your batteries are charged on your equipment and that you're ready to go.....always better to have a plan and be organised!
4. If you are planning on recording people, make sure you have their permission.....we will provide you with "release forms" which are permission slips asking people if it’s ok that you use their image and sound.... this is an important legal step which is necessary for you to participate.... It’s just a measure to make sure that everyone who participates in comfortable being in the 11Eleven Project. Now in certain circumstances you don't need permission - so when you fill in the form, if you tell us why you did not get permission, we may be able to accept the material....
5. From midnight to midnight – that’s 24 hour period on 11/11/11 that we want you to record.... anything that gives us an insight into your world and your perspective.....what do you want us to know about your life on planet earth? What could you share with us that no one else knows?
****NOW REMEMBER - you can record as many films, sounds, songs and photographs as you would like - as long as it’s captured on 11/11/11 - you can also blog and tweet......the tag on the day is #11ElevenLIVE
This #11ElevenLive tag is SUPER important - it's the label that helps us find your wonderful creation*****
6. Now that you've captured your work, what do you have to do? Well first things first - go and upload it in the usual places you would upload content..... Flickr for photos, Vimeo/Youtube/Youku for film, sound and music at SoundCloud and text at Twitter and Wordpress - and add your work.....now remember once you've uploaded it - make sure you tag it - #11ElevenLive - put it in your title and tag it in descriptions...we just need to be able to find your work....so make sure you label it properly!
7. Now go to the website again (www.11elevenproject.com) and fill in your entry form. This will be available from 11/11/11 onwards. Click on "Submit" and fill in the instructions....and voilà - you have added your story to the global narrative.
8. All entries must be in by the 22nd November - so you have 11 days to record, upload and submit....
9. VERY VERY IMPORTANT - make sure you keep your original material, as it’s the best quality you have and we may want to use it - so make sure you keep it somewhere safe as we may be contacting you so that we can use it!
10. Make sure you also keep your signed release forms, as we will need those too!
11. HAVE FUN, CREATE, EXPLORE, DISCOVER and SHARE!!!! We're excited to be working with you....
Keep checking out the website www.11elevenproject.com for details and I sincerely look forward to seeing what you create on 11/11/11.
Sending best wishes from 11Eleven Project HQ
Creative Director of the 11Eleven Project